Sunday, November 3, 2013

{{Release Tour}} : [Author's Interview] FEVERED SOULS SEASON 2 by S.K. FALLS

Title: Fevered Souls Season 2
Author: S.K. Falls
Published: Octopber 31st 2013
Genre: Paranormal Romance



In the season 2 omnibus of the popular new adult paranormal romance, follow Cara and Dax's journey as they traverse friendships gone awry, sinister visitors from the past, and everything in between.

Episodes included:

Quest
Shift
Discovery
Unveiling
First
Gathering

This season omnibus runs 68,000 words or roughly 250 pages long.







 Where to buy:

First Season: 
(Find My Review HERE)




When and why did you decide to be a writer?

I don’t think I actually made any kind of grand decision—I’ve been writing (like so many writers) since I was little. My first poems were rhyming ones about “starlings” and “darlings.” Ha! I’m glad I left that phase behind. ;) When my first urban fantasy was accepted by a small press, I decided I really loved that thrill of writing and being able to put my story in front of readers. After that I just never stopped.
What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
The toughest criticism is also one I take as a compliment (and vice versa): that I write really sparsely. I generally have the opposite problem most authors have—I have to write in additional details when I’m editing. This is especially true about setting. I tend to leave out setting almost entirely until the editing process.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Yes! If you want to write, the first thing you should be doing is writing (I know, crazy, right?). Write a little bit every day. If you don’t have a book you’re working on yet, just start by writing what you’re comfortable writing. Journals/diaries, short stories, poems—all of those count. Concentrate on getting better, on plucking those words out of the ether and getting them down on paper.
How many drafts did you have to write for Fevered Souls? Any scenes that were cut from the original that you want to share?
So, since Fevered Souls is a serial novel, this made for some interesting editing! The first episode I wrote, Possession, went through about eight different drafts. Seriously. It was crazy. I had several different people beta read it and all of them had different suggestions. So I ended up scrapping that episode and starting over again. And again. And finally, when I sent it to readers and they loved it, I knew it was done.
Subsequent episodes haven’t been as hard, mainly because with each episode, I got deeper and deeper into the universe and the characters’ minds. On average, each episode goes through about two to three drafts.
Since I write so sparsely (see above), I didn’t actually have to cut out any scenes. I mainly spent time adding them in.

What inspired the idea for Fevered Souls?

I had the idea come to me out of nowhere. I just saw this demon—extremely hot to the touch—and I was desperate to write a story about him. So I guess before anything, Dax came to me first.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write in Fevered Souls and why?
My favorite episode was Possession because it’s what started it all. I got to finally release the idea that had been building inside me for months, and it was so great to get it out. I could picture Eden and Dax perfectly in my head while I was writing it; I really felt like I was there. If I had to pick one in season 2, I’d say my favorite was Unveiling. It was a detour from the plotted path of the serial, but I felt it was imperative to show readers where Charlotte was coming from. I had such a fabulous time researching customs of the 1800s. I seriously have the best job in the world.
I also made a “Behind the Scenes” vlog about writing Fevered Souls, so go here to check it out and let me know what you think!

What is your favorite snack/treat or drink while writing?

I usually write in the morning, so I have, have, have to have a cup of coffee to start. After that, depending on how tired I am, I switch to either Diet Coke, ginger ale, or water.
What are you currently reading?
I usually have multiple books that I’m reading at any time. Right now it’s Life of Pi (ahhh, loving it!) and a couple of non-fiction books.
Who is your fictional character crush?
Oh, man, this is a tough one. Hmm…if I HAD to pick just one I’d probably say Sir Percy Blakeney from The Scarlet Pimpernel. I’ve had a crush on him since I was thirteen. I mean, seriously, what’s not to love?
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I want to say THANK YOU for making Fevered Souls hit the paranormal romance bestseller lists! I’m amazed that so many people have read this story I love so dearly. I am humbled and grateful to each and every one of you who’ve followed Dax and Cara’s story so far. And here’s a secret: a major, major plot twist is coming up in season three. Heh heh heh… (That’s my evil author laugh.)







About S.K. Falls

A huge fan of spooky stuff and shoes, S.K. Falls enjoys alternately hitting up the outlet malls and historic graveyards in Charleston, SC where she lives and imbibes coffee. Her husband and two small children seem not to mind when she hastily scribbles novel lines on stray limbs in the absence of notepads.

Since no writer’s biography is complete without mention of her menagerie of animals, you should know she has one dog that doubles as a footstool, a second that functions as a vacuum cleaner, and a cat that ensures she never forgets that her hands are, first and foremost, for pouring cat food.


Find S.K. Falls on:



** I want to take the time to Thank S.K. for being a willing victim on my blog today! I enjoyed her answers to the interview questions which I hope everyone else did as well! Thanks all to the fantastic blog readers! I love you all for being so GREAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riddle me Dee Riddle me Tee I'm so Happy you decided to leave a comment for Me!! ( okay maybe I shouldn't try to write anything clever.) Thanks for showing us some love!