Thursday, August 1, 2013

Feature & Follow #15- Books you don’t like? Do you DNF or do you power through?

 photo 8474595901_873f4993f4_n_zps0c395c3c.jpg

click the picture to be directed to a Host blog


It's that time again! Feature and Follow!I'm loving this fun way to meet other bloggers! If you want to join click the picture above to be redirected to a Host blog. Can't wait to follow new blogs and get new followers!! :)



Rules VIA Alison Can Read

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
1.(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
2.(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
3.Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
4.Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
5.If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
6.Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few.
The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
7.If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
8.If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


Q: How do you handle a book you don’t like? Do you DNF or do you power through? 

A: Power Through It!

I think out of all the books I have read I haven't made it through 2 of them. I have come to learn with a lot of stories they start off slow and can pick up becoming a truly amazing story..Although if it is a first book of the series and I didn't like it one bit then I would definitely not finish the series.


Tell me do you Power Through it too or do you choose to not finish? Let me know I would LOVE to hear from ya! Thanks for stopping by :)



18 comments:

  1. Many props for powering through! You're stronger than me :)
    New follower via bloglovin'

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to say sometime it is tough but someones got to do it..:P Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I do my best to power through. I try so hard.. rarely do I have DNF books. When I do I feel guilty!!!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have never done a DNF before I didn't really know what it was before I saw one a few weeks ago..I didn't know you can place a review on books you didn't finish. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I know some people that will finish a series even if they hated the first book. I'm like "Why are you torturing yourself?" There are so many awesome books out there that I really can't relate to that. I'm a DNFer myself.

    Old follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah seriously why torture yourself when you have a whole wide range of other amazing books to read. Maybe you show throw a good book at them :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I power through - I will not let the book beat me. Here's mine Backchatting Books Feature & Follow
    Old Bloglovin' follower
    Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power to us! :) We should start a fight club against bad books :D


      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I have a hard time powering through. Needless to say, it's a very bad habit for english class. I usually DNF. New follower :) Check out my FF, I'm #16 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to check out #16 :D

      Delete
  6. I admire your commitment! I'm a DNF book reader :)
    New follower via Bloglovin
    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe once I have more reading under my belt I will have some DNF but for now I feel way to bad to finish a book so i must power through it.


      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I power through a lot. I've DNFed more in the past year or so than ever before, but it's still not a lot. I'm one of those people who if I hate #1 in a series I won't read the others. But if it's mediocre or I kind of like it, I'll torture myself all the way through it! :) New follower on Bloglovin, Facebook, NB and Twitter.

    My FF:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2013/08/follow-me-friday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if im fond of a the first book I usually will pick up the series only to see what happens next because I HATE not knowing what happens next.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I always power through books too. I don't like not finishing books in case something better is waiting for me later. I'm a bloglovin follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I always have to know what happens to the characters even if the book is bad.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Usually I will give a book 50-100 pages before I DNF if I'm not enjoying it. I used to power through but I no longer have the time and it turned reading into a chore. There are too many books on my tbr pile for me to feel guilty and I'm picky about what I read, so only have 1 DNF so far!

    New follower :)

    Mia Hoddell

    Gift card giveaway -> more entries = more money given away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start to feel that why about DFN..I shouldn't be guilty when I dont like a book. There are so many good books that need to be read. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Riddle me Dee Riddle me Tee I'm so Happy you decided to leave a comment for Me!! ( okay maybe I shouldn't try to write anything clever.) Thanks for showing us some love!